Shopping / Galleries
- New York City – The city's retail stores match its extensive nightlife. New York City truly is a shopping mecca. From the flea markets to Fifth Avenue, visitors can find virtually any item in existence.
- Roosevelt Field Mall – One could spend all day here. With more than 245 stores and restaurants including Bloomingdales, Macy's and Nordstrom, shopping mavens will find plenty of bargains as well as upscale brand names. Shop until you drop. Then take a break with lunch at one of the well-known chains like Legal Seafood or P.F. Chang's.
- Tanger Outlets – Find bargains galore at this outlet center. Featuring 165 stores, Tanger Outlets offers discounted prices from retail manufacturers and designers. Pick up a beautiful crystal vase from Waterford. Snatch up the suit you've always had your eye on at Calvin Klein.
- Americana Manhasset Miracle Mile – True shopping addicts will be taken by this retail center. Located on Long Island’s North Shore, this 220,000-square-foot facility features world-class shopping in an open-air setting. Patronize such favorites as Cartier, Prada and Valentino. Take a break with a cold beverage in the beautifully-landscaped seating areas. Dine at a charming Italian trattoria.
- Stony Brook Village Center – Discover Long Island’s rich history at this village center. Visitors can shop, dine and learn about the area’s past. Stop in the Grist Mill, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Hop on a Discovery Cruise at the marina and float through an 88-acre wetlands preserve. Attend one of many special events throughout the year including an exhibit on Long Island’s wedding traditions. Take top prize in the annual scarecrow competition. Select fresh, locally-grown produce at the Farmer’s Market.